Thispolicy statement provides information on the obligations and policies ofBluebell (Asia) Limited, its subsidiaries, affiliates, and associated companies(the “Company”) under the Hong Kong SAR Personal Data (Privacy)Ordinance – Cap.486 (the “Ordinance”).
Although this policy specifically addresses the Company’s obligations inrespect of the laws of the Hong Kong SAR, the Company believes theprinciples embedded in the Ordinance are equal to any in the world in respectof the protections they provide to an individual. As such, the Companyundertakes to apply, where practicable, those principles and the processes setout herein to its operations elsewhere.
Where the Company’s operations are subject to privacy legislation other thanthat of Hong Kong SAR, then this policy shall be applied so far aspracticable and consistent with such local legislation.
OURCOMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
Thestatement is designed to assist you in understanding how we collect, use andsafeguard the personal data you provide to us and to assist you in makinginformed decisions when using the Bluebell Web site, our products and services.We endeavor to continuously assess our privacy practices in light of newtechnologies, business practices and our customers’ needs. Our PrivacyStatement may therefore be amended from time to time. You should check ourPrivacy Statement regularly to ensure you are aware of our latest policies.
The Company’s officers, management, and members of staff shall, at all times,respect the confidentiality of and endeavor to keep safe any and all personaldata collected and/or stored and/or transmitted and/or used for, or on behalfof, the Company.
Where an individual legitimately requests access to and/or correction ofpersonal data relating to the individual, held by the Company, then the Companyshall provide and/or correct that data.
TYPESOF PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
Forthe purpose of carrying on the Company’s business, including registration andrelated products and services (including relevant online services), you may berequested to provide personal data such as, but not limited to, the following,without which it may not be possible to satisfy your request:
- Correspondenceaddress and/or billing address;
- Accountsdetails, including account numbers, service numbers, or user accounts;
- Paymentdetails, including credit card and banking information;
- Contactdetails, including contact name and telephone number or email address;
- Informationfor the verification of identity, including identification type andidentification number.
Insome instances, you may also be requested to provide certain data that may beused to further improve our products and services and/or better tailor the typeof information presented to you. In most cases, this type of data is optionalalthough, where the requested service is a personalized service, or provisionof a product is dependant on your providing all requested data, failure toprovide the requested data may prevent us from providing the service to you.This type of data includes, but is not limited to:
- Salaryrange and employment details;
- Educationand Profession;
- Hobbiesand leisure activities;
- Otherrelated products and services subscribed to;
- Familyand household demographics.
Insupport of the services offered by the Company, information may beautomatically collected relating to those services so we may perform accuratereporting and administration of your accounts.
The Company’s web servers may also collect data relating to your onlinesession, the use of which is to provide aggregated, anonymous, statisticalinformation on the server’s usage so that we may better meet the demands andexpectations of visitors to our sites. This type of data may include, but isnot limited to:
- Thebrowser type and version;
INFORMATIONCOLLECTED THROUGH THE WEBSITE
Broadlyspeaking, we use personal data for purposes of administering our businessactivities, providing customer service and making available other products andservices to our customers and prospective customers.
Themain proposes for which personal data may be used by us are:
- sendinginformation in relation to our products and services, activities, competitions,promotions and events;
- marketingand promotional purposes for us, our vendors and business partners and otherselected companies;
- jointmarketing schemes with other parties;
- customizingthe advertising and content you visit so as to streamline your onlineexperience at our site and to provide personalized marketing and promotionalinformation;
- fulfillingany of your orders for products and services, order processing and paymentclearing;
- respondingto your inquiries;
- membershipregistration and offering benefits and privileges;
- collectingstatistical information, conducting analysis and providing anonymous reportingfor internal and external clients;
- conductingsurveys relating to our customers, products or services;
- evaluationand further enhancement of our products and services;
- fulfillingany purpose directly related to the above purposes.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. You can disable cookies on yourcomputer by indicating this in the preferences or options menus in yourbrowser. We recommend you do this if you are concerned about receiving cookies.
Pleasenote that the Bluebell Web site contains links to other sites and occasionallyallows other sites to be co-branded with the Bluebell Web site. Please rememberthat when you use a link to go from our Website to another Web site or when youuse a co-branded site, our Privacy Statement is no longer in effect. Yourbrowsing and interaction on any other Web site, including Web sites that have alink to the Bluebell Web site, is subject to that Web site’s own rules andpolicies which may differ from that of the Bluebell Web site.
We are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or fromour Website nor the information or content contained therein. Often links toother websites are provided solely as pointers to information on topics thatmay be useful to the users of our Website.
BluebellWeb site will take reasonable steps to ensure that all information we collect,use or disclose is accurate, complete, up-to-date and stored in a secureenvironment accessible only to our authorized employees and contractors.However, we give no warranty against third parties hacking into the data or anyunauthorized access to the data by anyone.
ACCESSAND UPDATE OF INFORMATION
Youhave the right to check whether we hold any of your personal data and, if so,may also request access, update, correct or request a copy of your personaldata held by us by e-mailing to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Company will, upon satisfying itself of the authenticity and validity ofthe access request, make every endeavor to respond to the request within 40days after receiving the request.
Weretain personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for whichit is being collected. We reserve the right to retain copies indefinitely forour archives for statistical purposes.
DISCLOSURETO THIRD PARTIES
Allpersonal data held by the Company will be kept confidential and protected butthe Company may, where such disclosure is necessary to satisfy the purpose, ora directly related purpose, for which the data was collected provide suchinformation to the following parties:
- oursubsidiaries, associated companies or affiliates or other related companies;
- ourvendors and business partners;
- partieswhich assist us in carrying out the purposes laid out above in this privacyStatement;
- partieswhich participate in joint marketing scheme with us;
- anyagent, contractor or service provider who provides administrative, orderprocessing, payment clearing, credit reference, debt collecting or otherservices necessary to the operation of our business;
- anyother person or organization who are bound by confidentiality agreements withus; and
- anyperson to whom we are, in our belief in good faith, under an obligation to makedisclosure as required by any applicable law
Youshould also note that the privacy protection as set out in this PrivacyStatement does not apply to personal data which is passed to third parties, andwe are not responsible for the protection of your personal data or lack thereofby such third parties.
Except as otherwise provided in this Privacy Statement, personal data about youas an individual subscriber will not be provided to any third party withoutyour consent.
Personal data may also be disclosed to any person or persons that have a rightto gain access to such information provided they are able to prove theirauthority to access such information. For example, if the Company were servedwith a court order demanding certain customer information then the Companywould disclose the information to the duly appointed officer of the court orsuch other persons as the court orders.
Byusing the Bluebell Web site and/or enrolment in the Bluebell CRM and/or LoyaltyPrograms, you consent to our collection and use of your personal data asdescribed in this Privacy Statement. If we shall change our privacy policiesand procedures, they will be posted on the Bluebell Web site to keep you awareof the changes and what information we collect, how we use it and under whatcircumstances we may disclose it.
If anyone wants to unsubscribe emails from us, please click Unsubscription linkincluded in every message
TheCompany’s Personal Data (Privacy) Contact Details
Allenquiries should be in writing to:
Bluebell (Asia) Limited
21/F., Dorset House
979 King’s Road
Tel: +852 2968 1188
Or via email to: